Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blu - Fly (Song of Liberation)

She said she was sick of the city life
A sweet girl but the world made it a shitty type
When she was young she just wanted to be pretty like
A model or an actress but
she had work for her two kids
Father in jail, servin time for two bids
Kids hungry askin mama where the food is
And she could see their hearts beatin thru their two ribs
Now she cryin watchin Cribs
cuz the rents due soon, in a one bedroom
and the kids kickin mama like I need some leg room
Daddy gone, the babies might as well be test tubes
in the projects STUCK
wishin they could just move to the country
i see her time and time tryin to make a little money
that makes me realize, shit my life ain`t that crummy
so one day i asked her how she deals with it
she said she doesn`t, she lets God


He said he had a problem with commitment
and it was probably cuz his pops was into pimpin
As a kid he called different women mama
so he grew up in some drama that he never could get out of
He was 18..
Already hatin life so he blazed trees
And he could ball but he ditched everyday it seems
And his grades was so bad he never made the team
So he started slangin trees, then he moved to coke
College coaches always noticed that the kid was dope
But he smoked too much
Dropped out of school, cuz shit he didn`t go too much
Till one day he overdosed, sniffin coke and such
I think about him time and time
And i realize how similar our past is
But how different my path is
One day I asked his dad, how he deals with it
He said he doesn`t, he gets high


He told me he was pressured and was stressin out
And he usually makes music just to let it out
He asked his mom about it and she told him Pray to God
She didn`t notice that the faith was fadin from his mind
He tries to ignore, the stress that he endures
Tries to find some liberation but the pain is indoors
He feelin sore since the bills started comin, and his stomach started rumblin
Pops causin growin pains
Asked his friends about it but, they don`t know they pain
They just tell him Roll a blunt, try to smoke some hey
So he gets high hopin itll go away
But it doesn`t, shit is stuck in his head
Goes to sleep and the grief crawls up in his bed
Started trippin out, thinkin he should fuck with some meds
And he remembers what his grandpa told him when he was young,
So he looks to the sky, askin God: How Come?
I feel his pain time and time when I look in the mirror,
Then I realize, that guys me tryin to see clearer
So tell God I hear him.
And I know how to deal with it
Close my eyes till I find my spirit
And just

No comments:

Post a Comment